Sunday 18 March 2012

Bella Box January 2012


This was my first ever Beauty Box from Bella Box Australia and it was a fantastic introduction! Fresh out of the silly season the theme to this box was "Out with the old, In with the new naturals".
I read other reviews on this month's box and it wasn't a favourite among the cosmetic lovers, but it was a winner for me!

My favourite product from this month's box is the Pangea Organics lip balm in Pyreness Lavender with Cardamom. The balm smells heavenly, and applies beautifully - and it's also double the size of your average lip balm!
I was also impressed with the skincare samples from Pangea Organics, the cleanser in particular felt lovely in the morning but wasn't harsh which you expect from an organic company.

Also featured in this box was a sample of Soleo Sunscreen which worked great but I would have liked a bigger sample to test out. First Aid Beauty repair cream was a nice moisturiser that absorbed into the skin quickly but as with the other samples a bigger sample is needed to test the product properly.

Sparoma Organics included either a candle, roll on or body balm and this month I received the peppermint pulse point aroma. This is a great product to relieve headaches or just for a lovely minty scent.

There was also a sachet of lemon towelettes by Herbal Essentials which are similar to hand sanitisers but not something I would repurchase as I wasn't impressed enough to spend alot of money on sanitiser.
There were 2 perfume samples in this box both by La Perla (a night scent and a day scent). The scents both had woody bases, but the daytime scent had a hint of floral. These were quite nice quality perfumes but I have never heard of them so I am not sure where I can repurchase this item.
Lastly, there were two teas from Qi Tea, Detox and Ginko. I love herbal tea so these went down a treat although I must say that the Gink tea was unusual - maybe I am just not used to the taste!

All in all, this was a good introduction to the year. I loved the full size lip balm and pulse point aroma, and I will definitely be purchasing another lip balm perhaps in another scent.
I would however like to see better value in future boxes in the form of bigger samples as sachet samples can be difficult to judge a product correctly.

No comments:

Post a Comment